Blog Archive

Fun at the Brown Barn Beacon

Reflecting Back

As I'm sitting here on my small rustic deck, the warm sun shining on my face, cool breeze dancing through my hair, chickens, kitties, and peacock playing in the yard, I am brought back to 10 years ago.

My life flipped upside down, as I was told to get up and pack all my belongings from the hustle and bustle of Minneapolis, Minnesota and start a new lift in rural North Dakota.

“Lord, you want me to move where and do what?!”

After much thought and prayer, I found myself enrolling my daughter and son (freshman and junior) in a much smaller high school, and moving them into a dear friend’s house with her family so they could start school on time.

Fortunately, my oldest Son (24yrs old) wanted to buy my house! Crazy how things fall into place with faith in God! I continued the new adventure through Faith and Love. We bought a 14 acre hobby farm in less than 60 days. There was no heat or duct work, just a pot belly stove to burn wood and coal, no job and not much money left! Because God said “GO!”

There I was in Buchanan, North Dakota, with a population of 73! "I have sent you there to be a Beacon of light and to show people God’s Love and Grace!” God said.

The task that God has set before me was to turn my barn (which was torn down) into a Safe Haven. Not for rich's or gain, but for His Glory, showing people God’s Love and Grace through EXCELLENCE. It will be a small retreat for His hurting and wounded people.

I was concerned about money but He said, “All the details will be taken care of and this is not about you. I'm just using you as a tool to get this task of mine done. This is for my Glory and Purpose!"


Thus started the long endeavor of "The Brown Barn Beacon."

Friday, February 12, 2016

Beautiful Winter night


No comments:

Post a Comment