Blog Archive

Fun at the Brown Barn Beacon

Reflecting Back

As I'm sitting here on my small rustic deck, the warm sun shining on my face, cool breeze dancing through my hair, chickens, kitties, and peacock playing in the yard, I am brought back to 10 years ago.

My life flipped upside down, as I was told to get up and pack all my belongings from the hustle and bustle of Minneapolis, Minnesota and start a new lift in rural North Dakota.

“Lord, you want me to move where and do what?!”

After much thought and prayer, I found myself enrolling my daughter and son (freshman and junior) in a much smaller high school, and moving them into a dear friend’s house with her family so they could start school on time.

Fortunately, my oldest Son (24yrs old) wanted to buy my house! Crazy how things fall into place with faith in God! I continued the new adventure through Faith and Love. We bought a 14 acre hobby farm in less than 60 days. There was no heat or duct work, just a pot belly stove to burn wood and coal, no job and not much money left! Because God said “GO!”

There I was in Buchanan, North Dakota, with a population of 73! "I have sent you there to be a Beacon of light and to show people God’s Love and Grace!” God said.

The task that God has set before me was to turn my barn (which was torn down) into a Safe Haven. Not for rich's or gain, but for His Glory, showing people God’s Love and Grace through EXCELLENCE. It will be a small retreat for His hurting and wounded people.

I was concerned about money but He said, “All the details will be taken care of and this is not about you. I'm just using you as a tool to get this task of mine done. This is for my Glory and Purpose!"


Thus started the long endeavor of "The Brown Barn Beacon."

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Dream December 10th 2015

                                                    Meet Peekaboo our pet Peacock

Thought for the day:
          There is
            nothing
       like a dream
           to create
          the future.
Sitting here, sun shining on my face, chomping on a Honey Crisp apple, oh sooo sweet, gazing out my window, admiring the beauty.
As I see Peekaboo, am amazed at how beautifully God made his coat, my I say" coat of many colors" I'm reminded of the Story in the Bible of Joseph and his Father Jacob, of all his children Jacob loved Joseph the best. Jacob gave Joseph a coat of many Bright colors, this was a special mark of Jacob's favor of Joseph, and it made his older brothers very envious of him. You just must go to Genesis 37 and read it for yourself. What seems like a horrific situation for Joseph God turns around for good and his glory. But it took much time and many trials to get to the Great end result.
 On this Journey, the DREAM of the "Brown Barn Beacon "  and just life itself we have been through many a trials and set backs especially in watching my daughter over the past 5 years, battle her mental break and feeling helpless as nothing seems to keep her stable for very long, I must admit that my Faith grows weary( I can only imagine what she must be feeling UG) almost gone, Lord why don't you do something, FIX HER! my faith holding on only by a thread I mean the tiniest of threads, to believe that on the other side of this she will do great things for His glory as He promise me 5 years ago. I will trust and believe like Joseph did, that the end result for my daughter will be GREAT. The horrificness ( is that even a word Giggle) that she and those that love her are going through is the driving factor for the passion to turn my barn into the safe haven God intended it to be, as she has been treated more like a prisoner than a person as mental illness is so misunderstood, I my self cant even understand.
But I know that I know this will be a great place of healing for all that come.
 Like Peekaboo my peacock, this fall,he lost all, yes all of his beautiful feathers during molting time, he probably thought oh no, my beauty is gone, but he just needed time and faith in his Creator! As you see he is even more beautiful and fuller feathers than before!
 So lets just trust and be still and know God is God. Like Joseph and Peekaboo and in his timing we will be another of his greatest Beautiful stories ever told!
Did any of that make sense??? who knows, but in my brain it did! giggle
Have a Beautiful day
Michele

1 comment: